Gastric sleeve surgery also known as sleeve gastrectomy has gained popularity amongst patients who are seeking to achieve exemplary weight loss. It can be described as a straightforward procedure as it does not require the long-term complications and maintenance rates of a Lap Band. It is now considered to be the fastest growing procedure with regard to bariatric surgery. Insurance companies have readily approved this new procedure which is not the usual case. This was possible because of the fact that there is evidence indicating significant weight loss with the procedure and its low complication rates. Furthermore, gastric sleeve surgeon was already performing gastric sleeve surgeries and insurance was paying for the procedure.
Patients can derive several benefits from undergoing gastric sleeve weight loss surgery in the hands of professionals. Some of the notable benefits include the ones listed below:
- i. The procedure might significantly reduce hunger pangs. This is because ghrelin (the hormone that induces hunger) is decreased by the removal of a section of the stomach that is primarily responsible for its production. However, it should be noted that hunger reduction occurs in most patients but not all of them.It takes a shorter operating time in comparison to the traditional gastric bypass.
iii. This procedure is suitable as it does not in any way re-route intestines.
- It is not associated with dumping syndrome. Despite the fact that dumping syndrome is known to be an effective tool with regard to reinforcing excellent eating habits, it can be very unpleasant. The procedure ensures that the position of the pylorus remains intact and that sugars have adequate time to digest given that the intestines are not interfered with in any way.
- Gastric sleeve weight loss procedure does not require any doctor’s visits for adjustments to be made unlike the Lap Band.
- This surgical procedure guarantees that no single foreign object remains in the patient’s body. The Lap Band procedure is notorious for leaving a silicone band in the upper portion of the patient’s stomach.vii. Gastric sleeve weight loss procedure ensures that patients experiences significant weight loss over a period of 18 months. This is a relatively shorter period compared to other procedures. For instance, Lap Band’s weight loss is rather gradual as it occurs over a period of three years.
There are a number of qualifications that a patient must satisfy before they are eligible to undergo gastric sleeve weight loss procedure. Some of the main qualifications that are taken into consideration are as follows:
- A patient must be having been obese for a period of at least three years.
- A patient must be willing to effect some lifestyle changes.
- A patient must be aware of all the potential risks as well as side effects.
- A patient must have tried other kinds of weight loss methods and not succeeded
- A patient must lie in the age range of 18 years and 60 years.
- A patient must have a body mass index (BMI) of 35 as well as other medical conditions that are related to morbidity.
Individuals with a low body mass index can be eligible for the gastric sleeve surgery reviews weight loss procedure only if:
- They have diabetes.
- They suffer from heart disease.
- They are suffering from sleep apnea.
The above qualifications must be satisfied as the procedure is not recommended for every individual.
Breast Reduction Surgery Procedure
The recovery period for breast reduction surgery procedure is 1-4 days for the patient to leave the hospital. Afterwards, it takes 4 to 6 weeks for the patient to fully resume their normal activities. However, it should be noted that the breast reduction surgery procedure recovery time usually varies from one individual to another as it is purely based on their lifestyle and overall health.
Other important factors that determine a patient’s recovery time from a breast reduction surgery procedure are the way a patient is able to eat food. This is to mean that learning to properly eat and comprehending proper nutrition is an important aspect of the recovery process as a whole. There are several steps to accomplish full recovery from a gastric sleeve weight loss surgery but all of them require time and a great deal of patience.
Breast reduction surgery procedure is an effective one. However, it is important for patients to fully understand what they are getting themselves into and ensure that they are qualified for it and are ready to suffer the possible risks before deciding to undergo it. Please visit https://www.cosmeticare.com/s/breast-augmentation for more info.